Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Dragon Cloud

 To say I have an overactive imagination is...completely correct. As a result I never go anywhere without my camera because I'm always seeing shapes in the clouds.

Thing is, I've taken to sitting in my arbor, reading my book and drinking tea and eating a piece of chocolate on most evenings. It is fantastic. The other night I spotted a "dragon" in the sky across the field with a flopped ear, little flapping wings and a curved tail. More of a whimsical dragon than - I was just going to say realistic. I've clearly broken from reality for good! I meant more than what most movies portray a "realistic" dragon to look like.



It even seems to have a distinct face and is puffing out little clouds of "smoke."


Which I completely screw up using Paint but hey...


As the sun set and what looked like the wing tips highlighted it was looking even more dragon like.



I suppose there are worse things I could do than spend my evenings watching cloud shapes, reading books, sipping tea and eating chocolate.



6 comments:

Rachel said...

I think this theme of clouds is overshadowing Blogger this past week. =) I love all these inspired posts about clouds...and yes, even before you outlined it, I could see the dragon and his smoke! =)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

One of my favorite things to do...except for the cake! lol I would need some sugar free and that would not be as good! I am always looking at clouds and imagining....! You got a great photo! I SEE HIM!!! ♥

Jennifer MacNeill said...

AWESOME! I was cloud gazing quite a bit yesterday too:)

shari said...

yes, i see your dragon! there seems to be an abundance of clouds to gaze at here in the northwest. sign. but i DO love cloud art!

Mercedes said...

I definitely see the dragon! Hmm chocolate sounds good!

Gorby family blog said...

Reminds me of the luckdragon, Falkor, from The Never Ending Story!