Thursday, January 26, 2012

Totally Random Thursday

I have a new favorite guilty pleasure show - Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet. I've always loved the unexplained and mysterious and had a bit of a soft spot for sasquatch. This program blends actual interesting research with odd characters quite well and despite their overuse of the term "squatch" and that ANYTHING to them is "totally evidence of nearby squatches" I'm totally hooked.

Personally I've experienced plenty of unusual things in the woods - the clacking rocks that had an actual rhythm I heard. Was it a raven trying to open a nutshell or....?
There was also an incident at my home but I think that story might traumatize you gentle readers.

The typical "squatch" proof involves large footprints...


Okay this could totally be a person track...EXCEPT there's no shoe tread. Also note the weird marks at the top like claws or toenails. So it could be a bear, but isn't a bear's foot shaped differently?

And as evidenced below, the track isn't much larger than my brother's foot...


But it still seems odd to me.

If you want to read an interesting "realistic" Bigfoot book try Wild Life by Molly Gloss, but do keep in mind my warning about her stories here.

What about you? Do you believe in strange creatures and the unexplained?

I'm thinking about making Totally Random Thursday a weekly feature - sound like fun?

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I definitely believe in them! :) I've always been fascinated with that sort of thing (what's it called? Cryptzoology or something?). This might make me sound like a weirdo, but I believe in Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

Humans just think they're so stinking smart, and I think it would be awesome and hilarious if there were creatures like this existing out there that we don't know about. :)

~Kristin

kathy said...

You should hear my brother tell his Bigfoot stories.
Of course, I am totally addicted to watching Grimm and one of the episodes was filmed in Forest Park. I was ready to see Bigfoot.

momto8 said...

my one son says, yes...bigfoot lives! i am not too worried.
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Not-so-gentle inquiring minds want to know! What happened at your house??? Don't keep us in suspense!! :-)