Friday, April 2, 2010

A Good Friday trip

Since it's Good Friday it's got me thinking about my trip to Israel in 2000. I shared some of the photos for Mosaic Monday but you can't fit them all and you certainly can't see them as well all scrunched together. So sit back and take a little trip without leaving your desk.

Unearthing some architecture near Caesarea.



The Mediterranean.



A Crusader-era building.

The Gothic arches inside.


Sadly I don't remember the details of every photo I took, so some you just get to look at the pretties without me blabbing about it.



An ancient paved road.








Mosaic floor.
A beautiful monastery oasis.


A cave at Qumran.


The Wailing Wall.
Love the flowers!



Walking the ancient streets.





Happy Good Friday.

5 comments:

BeautifulDees said...

Thank you for the beautiful post, amazing how everything was hand made wow, and still standing.
Love,Debbie

Melissa said...

What a perfect Good Friday post. I have Israel on my list of places I'd like to visit. These pictures really make me want to go now.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What an amazing trip! It's such a blessing to be able to visit and to take photos keeps it in your memory! Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend! ♥

shari said...

gorgeous pics, molly! at each picture, i just kept saying: WOW! thanks for taking us along on a little trip to israel! happy easter to you...

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

You lucky girl, you!!! You've had some great adventures in your time, Molly! Thanks for sharing these pics with us.
I've been trying to catch up in Blogland for days...I loved all your latest creations as I strolled through your posts over here. My favorite was the Old World Star you made over. Kudos!!
Have a wonderful Easter.
Mary Lou