Monday, August 2, 2010

No Better Time Monday - garden chaos

A Sanctuary Sought


Today is the first edition of No Better Time Monday hosted by A Sanctuary Sought (mysteriously still coming up as "learning to breathe" in my sidebar)

I like blogging because it's fun to share and see and learn and meet but I also like blogging because it motivates me to get things done in a timely manner.

Below is one of my gardens - it had been worked up and then I intended to do it again but this happened:


Stupid weeds.

I ended up hoeing the weeds (great arm workout as well as a great aggression reliever) and raked the dirt flat. Once the dirt was ready I transplanted several volunteer plants from my main garden. I'd thrown a squash type thing out there in the early spring and the seeds decided to go for it!



I planted most of the volunteer plants thinking if I moved a ton of them then at least some of them would survive this late move. Watch they'll all do great and I'll be supplying the whole neighborhood with squash. ;)




3 comments:

Megan said...

Yay! Thanks for joining in the challenge :). I'm glad that I helped motivate you to knock something off the to-do list. It seems you picked something just as big and time-consuming as I did -- glad you had better results...lol. :)

Alisa Noble said...

Good for you!
I need to do some major gardening, but it is just way too hot here!

theUngourmet said...

I totally gave up on my garden with our cool spring this year. Great job on yours! :)