Sunday, October 16, 2011

L&S Gardens


It's a bit late in the year to be talking about a plant nursery/garden but I will absolutely forget if I have to wait.

This August my mom told me about a place she had to take me - L&S Gardens located just outside the town of La Pine, Oregon. I'm so glad she did!


This garden experience is an expansion of a passion is what it looks like, considering it is on their home property where you can see their personal garden (more on that later).

Outbuildings like an old west ghost town are filled with antiques and things great for decorating if you're a fan of junque like I am.


 They have several greenhouses and each has a false front with a distinct personality.



And "the schoolhouse" complete with bell.








They even allow you to walk through the beautifully done landscaping around their home.



 If you happen to be in the area, this place was a wonderful treat to visit.

They even have a website.



Be sure to visit Little Red House to see all the beautiful mosaics!

 

9 comments:

Pondside said...

What a great place. I'll have to look at the website in case we're ever down that way.

BernieH said...

Now that is one special nursery. I just adored the plates and bowl fountain and those fabulous greenhouse facades!! Definitely something special.

eileeninmd said...

What a cool looking nursery! I love the chicken coop. Lovely photos. have a great week!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

How very delightful!!!! It's such a unique setting and place to be! Wow! Cathy

A Garden of Threads said...

What a cool garden centre. Great photos.

Elaine said...

What a great place to spend the day. Thanks for sharing this interesting place.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've really enjoyed seeing this! It's the kind of place I love to roam around and explore! ♥

Jennifer MacNeill said...

I'm such a sucker for a garden shop, love the photos!

Veronica said...

Nope I never will pass up a visit to a garden shop no matter the season! This looks so quaint and I would have loved it!

Veronica