Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Beyond the Garden Gate

One Saturday I happened to be in the Battleground, Washington area and got to visit a place I've been hearing about for months - Beyond the Garden Gate. If you live in the Portland Metro area you should absolutely take a drive to visit this little gem.



This is not one of those huge, only looks homey but is totally cookie cutter kind of shops - it's on her place in a little room that looks like a garden shed. Icicle lights dangle from the open rafters and cast a magical glow and a big fake cow stands watch outside.



She sells vintage, handmade (plenty of local items as well as her own creations), and gourmet foods and goodies in every nook and cranny.





This large barnwood star and little bench cost around $19 for both. Yeah! (The little bench was four dollars!) I also got a punched metal heart that is now hanging on my bedpost and a raspberry truffle, but that one is long gone my friends. :)

Beyond the Garden Gate can be found at

17414 NE 199th St.

Battle Ground, WA 98604

I have no clue what her hours are but you can give her (Cathy) a call at 360-687-0075 and find out.

3 comments:

theUngourmet said...

Those are a couple of darling finds!

I drive past a place in Sellwood once in a while that looks like an old auto garage (on Tacoma) and there are tons of antiques and collectibles in there. I keep forgetting to get in there and check it out. Need to do that.

Thanks for the info on this place!

Heather said...

I wish I wasn't on the other side of the country in Ohio. Sounds like a secret gem!!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Molly,

I've been so MIA in 'comment land', but had to drop by real quick this morning. I've missed a lot over here. LOVE the folded "K" flowers, cell phone bag, dryer balls...all are VERY impressive! I can tell we are kindred spirits...have supplies...will craft. : )