Next came the other ingredients with one extra since I was desirous of some sparkle. Unwaxed dental floss (so the stickers will stick), round price stickers (got mine at the dollar store) and clear, faceted acrylic beads - the kind you can buy in a huge bag of a million for just a couple of dollars.
I pre-cut all my pieces of floss using a pair of scissors rather than the built in cutter and then I ironed my floss with the iron set on low heat. If ironing dental floss doesn't get you some strange looks from the family I don't know what will.
Starting at the bottom of the floss I applied the two stickers, then strung on a bead.
When I placed my next two stickers I strung on another bead. Each pair of stickers above the next will hold the bead in place.The flour jar held it nicely while I was working. :)
With three "sections" to the shade top wire I think I made nine strands of stickers and beads. Originally I planned for six but it was just too bare looking so I added extras until it looked full enough. I went through nearly two packages of 180 count stickers.
Suspended from my lightbulb it looks like a sparkling chandelier - I love it!
With the flash on you can see I've tried to make other improvements to my closet. I hung fabric on the ceiling as a nod to Inara's shuttle (Firefly fans should know what I'm talking about - and might get a kick out of that fruity oaty bar box in the background too) - a space filled with sparkling drapey fabric.
You can see I also glued a decorative trim to the ugly wood edge showing on my oh-so-chic plywood shelf.
If I didn't have nearly every shelf in my closet crammed full of books I'd probably have room for those old hats, office supplies and childhood memorabilia and my closet might not look like it belongs to a teenager. Looking at these photos is really motivating me to make some big changes, but for now I'm one step closer to a lovely, organized space and I didn't break the bank doing it.