Monday, August 17, 2009

Bargains of the week with two questions

Despite the strange, cloudy August weather the garage sales have prevailed! I immediately spotted the sign which said, "Garage Sale - books and crafts" A garage sale made just for me! :)

The woman had owned a scrapbook supplies store and was left with loads (and stacks) of inventory. I don't scrapbook, but I do papercrafts so I was just as excited. I picked out twenty-five sheets of 12x12 paper at .25 each. I got all of these (and some of them are multiples).


As well as these which I thought had the most gorgeous designs! But ummm does anyone know how I'm supposed to use them? *blush* That's question number one.





Also at the garage sale I picked up this candle accessory (missing the glass) for fifty cents. I did have an idea for it though...


I've been wanting something to cover the bare lightbulb in my closet so I covered this thing in sequin trim (it goes with the fabric on my ceiling) I got for fifty cents in a clearanc bin at Joann's.


Problem: It was just too close to the bulb and would have melted my sparklies. Luckily I only hot-glued it on so I can remove the trim and I already have another plan for the stand as well as another plan for the bulb. You'll have to stick around to see what I do.

At Goodwill this week I found myself four pair of brand new dress socks for 99 cents each.


As well as these two tops for 1.99 each (with the store tags still on them)


They are just knit, comfy things - one sleeveless (on the right), the other three-quarter sleeve.

The store tags had most of them cut off and I can't tell where these came from. Anyone recognize the inside tags?



And that was question number two!

Be sure to check out all the other fabulous finds over at Southern Hospitality.


5 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

Deals are always the best-aren't they.

Come for a visit.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I don't have answers but I love seeing what you've found! I went to Goodwill today and need to take a pic of what I found. I love finding treasures!

Maggi said...

You got some great stuff! You can use the transparencies in a variety of ways, like cutting them out and gluing them on top of other paper to make windows/frames. :)

theUngourmet said...

I have no answers but I love your finds!

I am trying to spot a size 8 boys overalls. My son wants to be Mario. Let me know if you run across any! :0)

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Great finds!

The transparencies can be used in to many ways!

Check out www.twopeasinabucket.com and search the gallery for transparency.