Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Buh-bye brass

My friend knows I have this blog and that I love to makeover things and that I am a spray paint queen so she stockpiles projects for me for when I come visiting.

She was given these nicely shaped but badly colored lamps. These things are heavy! If she ever needs an impromptu weapon...

Brass is only going to look good if you are doing a steampunk look so I took a can of black spray paint and changed them to fit into her existing decor.

Gee which one looks better? And do you see those shadows? We had sunshine! Weeee!

Be sure you cover the area where the light bulb fits into - you do NOT want paint in there.

She'd like new shades for them but until then they are looking much better! This one will sit on the side table her mom redid by making a new insert covering out of lacquered fabric! The table looks amazing!
Brand new lamps for $2.97? Not bad at all.

4 comments:

shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shari said...

nice job, molly!! love the black lamp! can think of all kinds of cool lampshades for it!! you are the spray paint queen for sure. i haven't had as much luck but maybe i'll try again...

theUngourmet said...

Another great project! Hurray for sunshine. I saw my first pink tree a couple of days ago. Yay!

Frugal Home Designs said...

Gotta love the power of spray paint!