Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Doesn't need to be fancy to be organized

I am not sure how this post got set up to post today instead of last week but it did. I was probably setting it up late at night and we'll blame it on that. Anyway, I was still staying at my friend's house when I did the project and wrote the post - just so the rest of the text will make sense to you. ;)

Still working on projects at my friend's house. She has about one million six hundred and seventy-two gift bags, I swear. She has quite the stockpile from wedding gifts and baby shower gifts. She doesn't want to get rid of them because they are perfectly usable but after we cleaned out the garage and found them stuck in boxes everywhere we decided to put them in one location and make them easy to use.

Thankfully she also has about a million plastic totes from their recent move so we took one large enough for a person to sleep in and made that the designated new home for gift bags and tissue paper. Working with four piles of birthday/and/or/any occasion, baby, and wedding (yes that giant box and only four sections) they were then placed upright in the box like a gift center filing cabinet. I cut up one of the cardboard moving boxes and made dividers. Pop the lid on and they stay clean and dry no matter where they get put.

Cost: $0

And we made space AND peace of mind. A good afternoon's work. I won't tell you about the horrific cat episode followed by the baby episode that took up the rest of the day ;)

3 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

What a clever idea. It's a nice idea to consolidate everything. Now she'll know exactly where to find the bags instead of having to hunt high and low for them

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I really love this idea! I keep pretty bags and tissue paper, too! Comes in handy! ♥

Heather said...

I have something very similar set up like this in our attic. I love knowing everything is in one space and I don't have to go all over the house finding tissue paper, scissors and tape!