Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mosaic Monday - it is coming

Click image to enlarge.

While last week I was complaining about the gloomy skies and rain this week I have to say we have had a pleasant change in weather! It's been sunny, dry(ish) and warm enough for me to work in my garden and I noticed a few things while I was there.

My daffodils are sprouting nicely as are the crocus, and my forsythia and roses are starting to show signs of life. That poor little wild pansy is the only flower I've seen and the bugs and slugs have noticed it too.

I hope this post doesn't jinx my lovely weather... :)

Be sure to visit Little Red House to see all the beautiful mosaics!



5 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay for spring!!

Wendy said...

I am just SO jealous right now!!! It was 19 degrees here this morning. Enjoy your emerging garden!

Traci said...

New growth - what a lovely and refreshing mosaic!

Pondside said...

No daffodils or tulips poking out of the soil yet, but I noticed that the buds on the honeysuckle are fat and green....soon.....

Pamela said...

The promise of spring. After an ice storm and more to come I need to hold on to that. Daffodils and crocuses are among my favorite and I think it's because they are the first ones I see in the spring.