Friday, August 21, 2009

Make someone's day


Heidi at Mt. Hope Chronicles is hosting a series called Living Lovely. Her weekly challenges encourage you to do just that - live lovely.
This week's challenge was to make someone's day. My mom was recently diagnosed diabetic and really watches what she eats. As a result she doesn't get to get in on the fun with family dinners or desserts. Learning a whole new way to cook and eat has been a challenge and I know sometimes she gets discouraged. Thankfully there are plenty of resources out there and I found Kraft's Good Eating Good Living website. Loads of recipes involving low sugar, healthier options for every course of the meal. With mom's favorite pie being peach I tailored this recipe for an icebox style pie to give her just that - a dessert she can enjoy a slice of without worry. I hope it made her day. :)

Click here to visit all the other ways people were "making someone's day."

7 comments:

Heidi said...

What a kind thing to do! I know that I would really struggle with that kind of diet change... oh, how I love food!! Someone making me a dessert I could eat would be on my favorite person list. :) You're a *sweet* daughter.

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

What a gorgeous idea! And what a fabulous pie you made- it looks so delicious and I want a slice!!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

It looks so yummy!!

Maggi said...

What a wonderful thing for you to do for your mom, I'm sure she loved it!

theUngourmet said...

What a yummy pie! I bet your mom was happy as a clam! I love the color too!

Heather said...

Ummm...yummy!! What a great daughter you are!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm going to make this pie. I can't eat much sugar and this sounds perfect! Thank you!