Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's one of those days

The kind that sneaks up on you and makes you introspective. It would be my dad's birthday today so while I'm thinking about him I thought I'd share some photos I found while organizing my mom's closet.


So cute but I know for a fact that he was in trouble a lot. Can't you see the mischief there?


My dad loved anything that had a motor or an engine or wheels or some kind of get-up-and-go.


There's hardly a photo in existence of my dad when he's not next to a car - and all different ones!

And here he is taking my mom on a date. See? A different car!



Miss you, Dad.

7 comments:

theUngourmet said...

What neat photos of your dad! I do see the mischief. ;0)

Kristy said...

Yea today is hard for me too. It's the anniversary (how would you say that?) ... 7years for me today. Love you Molly.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness. Those top photos are adorable! And I love the others too. How fun that someone snapped a photo of your parents leaving on a date!
And your felt projects below are so great! I love working with felt. I especially love your snowflake garland. : )
M.L.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wonderful to have photos of our family and see them "grow" through out the years!

Wonderful memories!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

What a sweet and loving way to honor your dad.I know you miss him.I miss mine also,but know they are smiling down on us.May God bless you...XXOO Marie Antionette

Kianna said...

Wow. It's wonderful that you have some great photos of him. Those ones of him as a kid are so precious.

Heather said...

What a sweet post to honor your dad.

Lovin' the name of his boat!