Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mosaic Monday - barbed wire

(click image to enlarge)

I had one of these photos in last week's mosaic and fellow blogger Shari said, "what is it about barbed wire that makes me love it so much? the rust, the spikes, the adventures of crawling through it into "off-limits" places, being a cowgirl wannabe?"

Yeah! What is it about barbed wire that makes me want to photograph it with clumps of horse hair in it, a pink sunset coloring the background? I don't know. I sold my horse years ago so maybe it is like those memories connected with smells - only this is visual and I'm instantly transported back to those days of galloping freedom.

Whatever the reason, I love capturing it in every season.

Be sure to visit Little Red House to see all the fabulous mosaics!

7 comments:

BernieH said...

The subject does make a great mosaic ... I just loved the icicles hanging off the barbed wire. But I do especially love the two photos showing the silhouette of the barbed wire against the sky ... wonderful.

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi, very nice mosaic! I hope that you have a lovely new week!
Hugs...
Bobbi

Jennifer MacNeill said...

While I must say that your pictures are awesome (love the frost) I've never been a fan of it. I've seen horses butchered by barbed wire and legs nearly severed. :(

Wendy said...

Lovely mosaic. I especially like the photos of the horse hair caught up.

Have a beautiful day!

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi Molly,

Your sky shots are captivating - beautiful!

Amanda

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

That's thinking outside the box. Great. Valerie

shari said...

you know i love this!!!! :)