Monday, June 21, 2010

Bits and pieces

This was one of those strange cases where you have a bit of this and a piece of that laying around for ages, you think about getting rid of it and then all of a sudden they come together so perfect you can't imagine why you hadn't thought of it before.

It started with this poor little candle holder which was once a lovely shabby white but has since been dyed by my red candle and then somehow it rusted...indoors.

There was also this little covered jar I bought at Goodwill months ago, made a creepy terrarium out of it, then didn't really know why I'd ever bought it.

Until I discovered that the jar sat perfectly into the candleholder and would make the ideal place to house the bits of glass I found in this junkpile on the family property in central Oregon. Yes, those are nails. Seriously.


All together now!


Shabby junk loveliness. :)


I know there is more glass bits to find out there so I like that I have room to grow and one of these days the jar will be full.

Linking to:

Finesse Your Nest

Reinvented

5 comments:

cat said...

I wish I had magical powers like you do. *sigh*

Mari said...

lovely treasure indeed!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty! Just perfect to enjoy! ♥

shari said...

i agree with cat... you're magical! and how fun that you have room to keep collecting more glass!! would you like some sea glass?

Unknown said...

I just found some seaglass at the beach. This could be what I do next with it. Thanks for the inspiration!!! :-)