Thursday, June 3, 2010

How good is your memory?

Okay, MOPS leaders, I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you're visiting this page. I see you showing up in my site statistics but I can't see what you're saying about me because I don't know the secret handshake to your leader's forum. But I'll say, "hi!" anyway, and just hope you're saying something good about me. :)

Can you remember the last time I posted? Ha! That's what camping will do for blogging - throws a wrench into the whole works. :) That and I had to catch up on some reading. And some projects. And some gardening...

My latest finished project is a gift for my friend Megan's daughter - she doesn't know I made this yet so I'm sure she'll read this on facebook and be surprised! :D

I knew she was looking at a memory game and I knew I had all the supplies to make one myself!

I started with some 1 and 1/2 inch squares of wood - I have a whole plastic drawer full in my craft space.

Then I gathered up a handful of nature-themed small stamps.


I grabbed my black ink pad.
And made sure it was non-toxic.


And stamped four of each design. Quick and easy and cute! I actually played with it for a while. Now I'm going to have to make one for myself. ;)


Linking to:

The Shabby Chic Cottage

Creations by Kara

Everything Etsy

And because I used up these wooden pieces I've had forever I'm counting this as a Destash Project!

7 comments:

shari said...

so you were camping? did you have nice weather? hope so. cute memory game! my youngest daughter always made me play that game with her. course back then i actually HAD a memory! happy day to you...

Pattycake Manners said...

What a cute memory game! Love the idea of being able to personalize the tiles. Thanks for sharing!

Teena said...

This is a great idea and so simple! I love the Memory game, and it's a very good educational game for children. Well done! Happy Transformation Thursday <3

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

This is so cute! It would be an adorable shower gift!

Blondie said...

That is just too clever and creative! I just love your crafty blog and I totally WANT those ear rings on the giveaway! Just sayin! Your stuff is great!

I am your newest follower. Have a fun and friendly Friday!

Chris:-)

http://www.happytrailsfromcanyon.blogspot.com/

http://absolutely--positive.blogspot.com/

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is really clever and so elegant! Thanks so much for the great, giftable idea. I'll be linking.

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun idea! My six year old would love it! Especially if I could find some car stamps. ;)