Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mosaic Monday - Christmas Valley

(Click image to enlarge)

Memorial Weekend was spent, as it usually is, with family in Christmas Valley, Oregon. It's a "middle-of-nowhere" location where the family owns some property and where we can go camping any time we like (or any time the roads are passable). No water, no electricity and no trees doesn't sound like much but I find the whole area endlessly fascinating. Our property is host to the most bizarre junk pile you've ever seen - leftovers from WWII training. Beyond rusted out sardine cans, "desert glass" fragments, boot gromets, more nails than you can find in a hardware store, door hinges and locks and a spent .50 caliber bullet are just a few of the things I've found.

Some of my favorite places to visit in the general area are Fossil Lake, Fort Rock, Crack in the Ground, or The Cowboy Dinner Tree.

Be sure to visit Little Red House to see all the fabulous mosaics!

4 comments:

Olga Poltava said...

Sounds like a cool place to me! Awesome mosaic!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wow it sounds like such an unusual place. I've never visited Oregon..hopefully someday I'll see some of it!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Sometimes it is good to get away with out any modern conveniences just to let your mind relax. Looked like that kind of place to me. Valerie

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi, just beautiful! Sounds like a wonderful place also! I hope that you have a lovely new week!
hugs...
Bobbi