Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mosaic Monday - Father's day

(Click image to enlarge)

I've made a bit of a project of scanning old photos so that's mostly what I had to work with. Photos of dad as a boy, a typical teenager leaning against a car, a young man, married, 6 months later drafted and sent to war, and finally a father with a little girl who had the same blue eyes and would grow up to have the same sense of humor and love for Whoppers candy and the Sunday funny pages. It never mattered that I was a girl - Want to learn to shoot? Want to drive the tractor? You can do it. Like it was nothing at all. He certainly always had more confidence in me than I have in myself.

I lost my dad in 2006 but I have lots of memories to keep with me. If you are fortunate to still have yours I hope you treated him to something special today. Please remember to tell dad you love him every day.


Be sure to visit Little Red House to see all the fabulous mosaics.

3 comments:

Lana G! said...

What a great tribute! Love your mosaic!

Denise@alloverroses said...

I enjoyed your mosaic so much. A wonderful tribute to your dad that he would have been proud of. Thanks for sharing with us.
Denise

Wendy said...

Oh.... so beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to your Dad.