Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It slices! It dices!

I'm still house-sitting so I'm sorry I don't have any projects to share. Other than my jewelry-making supplies I just can't haul my crafty stuff with me when I travel. :(

But I still have lots to talk about! My birthday was last week and I got some wonderful goodies from everyone. One of those goodies was this pair of multi-blade scissors.


They are supposed to be for shredding documents in case you have a lot of time on your hands and don't have electricity...or a document shredder.

But! My gift giver (the one who lives here and here) had this note attached:

I am an herb nut. I love herbs and lots of them. I drown my salads and tacos in cilantro, I've actually used basil leaves instead of lettuce in a pita sandwich. I grow oregano, basil, thyme, dill, sage and chives (with tons more seeds to try planting next year), so I loved this idea! How easily could you chop through a meal's worth of herbs in no time with this gadget?

I picked a couple chive stalks and did this in just a couple seconds.

How nice and finely cut they are! Some herb bits are bound to get stuck between the blades but they come right out with a tap on the bowl or board, whichever you are using. Water rinses it right out too. Whatever you do, don't be an idiot and run your hand along the inside to get the bits out because...

DUH! That's where the sharp sides are! (No I can't believe I did that.)

I'm also told that these go in the dishwasher just fine. Hurray!

I can't remember where she said she got them, but I've seen them in random stores so they shouldn't be hard to track down. Happy slicing! Herbs! Happy slicing herbs...not fingers...


3 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday! I think it's funny that the original purpose of those scissors was to shred documents. That's just bad marketing right there! Clearly they are better used to chop up herbs!

theUngourmet said...

Happy belated birthday! I LOVE that new profile photo of you. It's gorgeous!

emma wallace said...

Happy birthday! And I love that idea! So inventive!


iamemmamusic.blogspot.com