Thursday, December 23, 2010

Decorating every corner

I usually don't, but I decided to bring a little Christmas into my bedroom this year.

I have these candle holders on each side of my headboard.


So I used some excess trimmed off the Christmas tree and used them like a vase (minus the water). A piece of wire ribbon is draped to add a little more festiveness.


That other branch is a vine maple, I've had it hanging on walls for years!


Some more tree trimmings go into this empty vessel and sit on my windowsill alongside this cute little birdie on a berry.


A $3.00 clearance urn holds some tiny pine cones.


A pine cone candle (sitting on a spray painted salsa jar lid) adds some color and some dried oregano adds a little greenery.


I used the cake plate from my Halloween decorating to layer a candle holder and sandalwood scented candle. Dried rose petals and gold spray painted oak leaves fill the space between.

I love burning candles in winter, don't you?

Little things here and there but it sure brightened up the room and made it smell good!


3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love candles and it's nice to light them when it gets dark so early now! Love your natural touches throughout your decor! Merry Christmas! ♥

Jennifer said...

What great Christmas touches! And oh my goodness, I love that branch over the bed... that looks so great.

Susannah said...

I love candles in the winter...they make me feel warmer. :) And your bedroom decor is lovely! I like the natural look.