Sunday, June 12, 2011

You can find me in the garden

Summer finally arrived and my herb garden is looking lovely - thank goodness! I've been really working on it for over a year.

My rusty bucket is filled with snapdragons that I rescued from the oddest little spot where they popped up. They were going to get stomped where they were and now they seem to be thriving in their new home.

Flowers, flowers everywhere! These are Dame's Rocket - which is apparently a noxious weed in some areas. It came in a wildflower seed mix I planted years ago. They spread like crazy so I understand the "weed" part (I feel the same way about Calendulas).

I actually moved all the ones growing on my property this this spot here and pulled the rest. I've been able to contain and maintain them this way and things don't get out of hand. The Calendulas however...

 In my grape arbor (which can be seen in this post) is a two-seat chair with table in the middle that my uncle made. It's the perfectly shady spot to relax after some hard work.


Thank goodness there are two seats to this! I'm sure she'll claim she's just keeping my seat warm for me. ;)


1 comment:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

I have some of that Dame's rocket growing in areas I don't mind it spreading. It's so pretty and cheerful. Love the kitty and book:)